[mythtv-users] Help! Tuner card wont add

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 13:11:46 UTC 2007

Michael Stephens wrote:
> I'm using a Hauppauge 150.  It comes up auto detected and I select
> everthing that looks appropriate but no dice.

Are you running Ubuntu?  They just updated qt for some security reason,
and I was getting "MySQL server has gone away" messages in the console
when trying to add a card in mythtv-setup.

If you're compiling from source and did the qt upgrade, then I solved it
on my box by doing a make distclean; configure --prev; make

and then a "make install"