[mythtv-users] OT Question About OTA Antennas

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:27:02 UTC 2007

> To clarify the above point imagine that you are sighting down the main
> shaft of the antenna which is the long shaft attached to the support
> pole. The end with the longest elements is the backside and the short
> elements are the front. Depending on how long that coax cable has been
> up there you may find it does not work very well and may need to be
> replaced.

The antenna has been up there for several years.  I'm pretty sure the cable
coming down is RG-59.  Not exactly the best, but it does work.  I'm
currently getting the FOX station in perfectly.  Hopefully, I don't fall off
the mast this weekend when I go to turn the darn thing.  Keep your fingers
crossed for me and thanks for the help!

Jim