[mythtv-users] Is SD data as current as it used to be?

Rick ve1gn at nb.sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 21 13:47:21 UTC 2007

> The problem I had was that the schedule data 14 days out was incomplete
> for some channels.  It seems that "complete" data is only out to 12
> days.  I recently upgraded from 0.16 to 0.20.  I noticed it does a
> better check and grabs data when the number of programs in prime time
> are below a threshold.  It seems to re-grab one or two day's worth of
> data everytime the new version has run.
>
> I thought that getting updates for the next day is too short a time for
> other than last minute changes.  I added options like --refresh-fourth
> and --refresh-eighth to the mythfilldatabase code when I ran 0.16.
>
> Maybe there should be a --refresh-seventh or --refresh-eighth option
> added to mythfilldatabase.  This would  update with more complete data
> so the user can make better scheduling decisions.  Maybe the better
> checking makes it moot.  I need to do some checks after I fix other
> problems.
>
> 73 Eric
I have the same problem 14 days out with starchoice.  I think the better
solution is to use --max-days 12.  Then you have complete data for that
number of days and don't have to be continually hitting the server to
refresh data.  You can play around with that number until you do have
complete data for the number of days requested.

Rick