[mythtv-users] mencoder command line

seth isernhagen sisernhagen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:14:04 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I love my mythtv but I am really having a tough time living without AutoGK.
I tried baking up my DVDs with MythDVD but instead of the 16:9 apsect ratio
I wanted I get something that makes the people look stretched tall and
skinny.  All my backups made with autogk always look good no matter size or
shape of screen they are played on.  Can anyone share the mencoder commands
they use to do a 2 pass encoding into divx or xvid to end up with a ~1 gig
sized .avi file.  And maybe if you are really nice one that will do subs if
their are any on the DVD.

Thanks for the help!

Seth