[mythtv-users] Real Time Clock Alarm Broken with 2.6.22+ kernel

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:01:34 UTC 2007

I see the same problem on my laptop, an ASUS A6U series laptop running
FC6. I rolled back to kernel-2.6.21 (with the latest myth rpms from
atrpms) and everything works again. According to the bug report there
is a fix for this, but it will be 2.6.23 at the earliest before it's
usable

Chris.

On 9/8/07, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/7/07, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > has had an update about the change the kernel gurus did, changing the path
> to the alarm to be
> > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm.  While they were at it, they changed the
> format of the value from the
> > former, human-readable string to the seconds since the "epoch" (see
> man-page regarding "date +%s").
> > <snip>
> > However...
> >
> > On my system, the code changes behind the new design have broken the alarm
> function completely.
> > I have tried disabling the hwclock update in /etc/init.d/halt, turned on
> all the elements in /proc/acpi/wakeup,
> > and enabled on the (old technology) APM alarm in the BIOS, all to no
> avail.
> >

>  I reported this as bug # 8995 to the Kernel Bug Tracker
> (http://bugzilla.kernel.org).  We'll see if any help comes from that
> quarter.
>
> Craig.

Regards,