[mythtv-users] Shutdown/Startup help

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Sep 19 19:39:55 UTC 2007

Craig Huff wrote:

> Don't know what LTSP is.
>
> I have my systems using the ACPI wakeup functionality...

LTSP = Linux Terminal Server Project. By using redundant/low end hardware (where
have we heard that before?) one can build small, cheap, quiet linux terminals
around the house to connect to a terminal server. Amongst other things you end
up installing DHCP, TFTP and ancilliary code which can also be used for starting
up diskless Myth front ends.

I have read sufficient on this list to make me wary of using ACPI wakeup. It
seems to me that I would end up spending a fair amount of time getting it
working on the various motherboards my Myth system runs on (all different, of
course) when my original plan was to bypass the whole mess. Why bother when I
have a master server up 24/7? See my other reply to Nick Morrott for details.

Mike Perkins