[mythtv-users] Advice Requested re LCD TV's

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 19 15:08:42 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a 32 to 37 inch high definition (1920 x 1200) LCD TV,
>>   (brand plus model) available in North America which can, in effect,
>> deal with 2 different coax inputs easily. That is, go seamlessly from
>> cable to OTA tuning. If that means selecting a different Input Source,
>> that is alright, so long as it is not a 4 to 6 step procedure.
>>

> My Polaroid (which is really just a generic TV branded with Polaroid)
> does it in a couple of clicks: input button on remote, select the input
> you want, hit ok.

Exactly what I was looking for. However, I have never heard of a
'Polaroid' branded TV. I will do some googleing.

  > If you are using mythtv, why not get an HD capture card or HDHomeRun and
> have your MythTV system capture your SD and your HD video content?  That
> way, you don't even have to fool with the input options on the TV...
>
> -Rich

I have been running mythtv for over 2 years....
I have a Hauppuage 500 and an HDHomeRun connected to the myth box.
My wife prefers to just channel surf when she is watching in the afternoon.
And at the moment, my Via SP13000 has some problems with displaying full
720p and 1080i output. Kinda difficult to watch a blank dark blue
screen, which is what I get for 1080i...It's a Via xvmc thing. Those
recordings play back beautifully here at work using the nvidia card.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Barrister and Solicitor