[mythtv-users] MythTV requires a better name

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Sep 19 15:14:14 UTC 2007

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 02:09:36PM +0100, Paul Mason wrote:
>>    See I "record" TV programs, and have done so for over 20 years. The
>>    technology I use has changed - and probably will again. Similarly I
>> "hire"
>>    movies (though not very often).

No. Your device does the recording.

You tell it a few simple rules so that it can do your bidding.

The difference is rather IMMENSE. Conflating the two fails to
acknowledge the differences and the various complexities of the
two approaches.

They are different enough that they deserve separate words in the
English language. English can be rather handy that way.

It's like being a manager vs. being a code monkey.