[mythtv-users] HDMI: HD beatiful, SD not

Dan skyhigh at rldb.net
Wed Sep 19 02:57:32 UTC 2007

I just got a DVI->HDMI cable so I could use 1080i on my Sharp LCD.  I
finally got it displaying 1080i.  I can play HD content with not problem
and it looks great, however when I go and play SD content a lot of the
picture is cut off.  It is like an extreme case of overscan.  I have the
standard overscan which is no problem.  Has anyone else experience this
problem with SD?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is it possible to
have different overscan settings in myth for SD and HD?

Thanks,
Dan