[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Tue Sep 18 18:41:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:43:44 -0700
"Doug Young" <goofdad at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> To state again (this has been stated several times since I've been on
> this list, which is only been for about a month):
>
> This community does not want to take responsibility for ANY illegal /
> against-TOS action which may reflect back on us as a whole.  If you
> decide to scrape screens for your listings, feel free, but if it is
> against said website's TOS, take discussion of it elsewhere and keep
> the community at large out of it.
>
> If you can come up with a legal, within TOS, way to get listings,
> we'd love to hear about it.
>
> Wow...I've dodged feeding the trolls so far, but this one really
> pushed my buttons for some reason...

I too have been watching the various threads on this subject since the beginning, and I've been staying out of it for the most part.

Except when people spew out baseless assertions, claiming some authority or special knowledge of law when they have no facts to back it up.  Even worse is claiming to speak for everyone, when anyone that's read these threads knows that there is no unanimous consensus on this subject.

Moderate the list if this is unacceptable, otherwise grow up and deal with it.