[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Sep 18 17:51:10 UTC 2007

Doug Young wrote:

> This community does not want to take responsibility for ANY illegal /
> against-TOS action which may reflect back on us as a whole.  If you
> decide to scrape screens for your listings, feel free, but if it is
> against said website's TOS, take discussion of it elsewhere and keep the
> community at large out of it.
>
> If you can come up with a legal, within TOS, way to get listings, we'd
> love to hear about it.

I agree...  It astounds me that people continue to spend time on this.
SD right now costs about $0.08/day.  (My math could be off by a bit, but
it's close.)  That's nothing.  I'd say most of us wouldn't stop to pick
up 8 pennies in the street.  Heck, most stores have a penny box where
people throw their pennies.

Yet this discussion keeps popping up.  Enough already!

(I used to live in a neighborhood where we wanted streetlights.  The
power company offered to put them in for $3/mo per household.  One
person figured out that if he got a streetlight, it would cost $8/mo.
but if he split it with 3 neighbors he would save $.33/month.  Because
of him, the neighborhood didn't get lights.....)

--
  o__

'man' is short for 'manual' because it's very short, for a manual.