[mythtv-users] Question about Closed Captioning

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:23:39 UTC 2007

Greetings,

Where does Myth get the indication of closed captions?  Is it from the
stream itself, for from the guide?

I'm trying to track down why CC seems to work sometimes, and not other
times.  Almost all programs indicate that they have CC, but, sometimes I
can get CC and sometimes not.  When toggling 'T', it will say CC 1
on...but...no captions.  Just wondering where the information for the CC
is coming from, and if I need to dig deeper into ivtv/myth/etc.

Brian