[mythtv-users] Transcode One Show

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:35:20 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Kevin Wentland <mythtv-users at cheeseheads.org> wrote:

> I leave all of my recordings in MPEG2 Format because I run MVPMC which can
> only play them in this format.
>
> I am going out of town next week and traveling on this coming Sunday.
> There is a sporting event that I don't want to miss on this Sunday.
>
> Now I would like to record the show and transcode it to a smaller file
> size for me to download once I get to the hotel that Sunday night.
>
> Is there a way to transcode only this show and possibly cut the
> commercials from it for quicker download.... the show will be three hours
> long, so it is going to be big initially.
>
> Thanks in advanced.

Under the recording options you can set how you'd like it transcoded. I
believe the commercial flagging can be set in there as well.

Alternatively, after the show has been recorded you can run the
mythrename.pl script in /contrib to rename the recordings to something
readable and then run nuvexport to transcode the file to something else.