[mythtv-users] Tuning problems with HD5000

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Tue Sep 18 15:28:37 UTC 2007

MythTV User wrote:
> I am also interested to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.22. However, I found this
> related issue
>
> http://www.nabble.com/2.6.22.y-DVB%3A-b2c2-flexcop%3A-fix-Airstar-HD5000-tuning-regression-t4360824.html
 > [...]
> Id appreciate pointing me to the right path on doing this upgrade. Please
> note that I have not compiled a kernel yet and have always used the kernel
> available in the Fedora repositories.

You don't have to build the whole kernel. Try first installing the
video4linux-kmdl package from atrpms. With any luck it will have the
patch already in.

Otherwise, the easiest thing is probably to checkout, build and install
the v4l-dvb repository. See http://www.linuxtv.org/repo/ for instructions.

Bolek