[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 18 14:06:29 UTC 2007

CHRIS KOTTING wrote:
> I don't know about mythbuntu, but I know that Mythdora uses the open source
> nvidia drivers, which have been trouble for many who are using nvidia
> graphcs cards.  When in doubt, use the drivers from nvidia.

Say what? AFAIK Mythdora uses (or at least can use, it's an installation
option) the proprietary binary blob drivers from nVidia. The
installation even ask you if you need the "legacy" or the current drivers.

OpenGL works fine on my Mythdora system, not likely if it were using the
generic "nv" drivers.

> FWIW: I've been running a Fedora-based system from Jarod Wilson's
> instructions (wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php) for a while now (since FC5,
> anyway), and have never had an issue.

Mythdora is FC based, so there should be no difference in video
performance between it and an FC installation.

beww