[mythtv-users] Commercials, and whether to watch 'em

Pamela Jaye Ashworth pashworth at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 18 04:52:45 UTC 2007

On 17 Sep 2007 at 23:15, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 08:42:15PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> > Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > > There's a bunch of good shooting and writing on commercials these days,
> > > believe it or not, guys.
> >
> > Agreed. In some ways I find them more entertaining than the programs.
> > They certainly waste less time to watch.
> >
> > Most are schlock, especially the local ones with the slide show and the
> > radio announcer, but some of the network and big-sponsor syndicated ones
> > are actually worth watching.
>
> In fairness to local TV: how the hell do they compete?
>
> How is "Gator's on the Pass" gonna do that Toyota commercial where the
> alien monster ensnares passers by with the standup of a Toyota?

well, the Badcock "Need New Furniture" ones were really good...

the box is set to FF 28 seconds once I decide the commercial isn't
worth it. If I'm in a hurry, I can always hit 3, right arrow...
--
Pam (from Boston, no matter where I live now)
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it