[mythtv-users] Missing QAM channels

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Tue Sep 18 04:10:37 UTC 2007

Since mythtv 0.20 I have noticed some QAM-256 channels missing after I
do a scan.  I suspected that my provider (Cox) had encrypted these
channels, but after talking to someone with a TV set with a QAM tuner
I'm suspecting that mythtv is not seeing these channels for some reason.

I don't believe it is a hardware issue because I have a friend using an
HD-3000 that is having the same problem (I use a DVICO Fusion Lite).

To work around this, I was trying to insert the channel into the channel
table based on a back-up copy I had from when I was able to receive the
channel in question.  After my SQL insert, the channel shows up in the
mythweb channel editor, but mythtv will tune to either the channel
before or channel after.  I've tried using mythtv-setup to scan only the
frequency on which this channel is located, but of course it doesn't see
any channels/transports on that frequency.  Any suggestions?

Bob