[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:51:11 UTC 2007

Craig Partin wrote:

>> This is a good idea - I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up before.
>>

> Searching is free.

As is sarcasm.

Craig: bottom line is that none of the devs want to deal with the mess
(both legal and coding) needed to implement screen scraping, but they are
happy to accept contributions for (legal) alternatives to SD.

If you only have a handful of shows you watch, then a reasonable
alternative is to just look up the times on one of the free sources of
channel data and program MythTV manually.

I personally would like to see something like a peer-to-peer listings
framework set up.  It would rely on volunteers to populate the weekly
shows for the major networks, and then on local volunteers to set up
episode mathups and modifications for local affiliates.  I really haven't
thought it through much, but as someone mentioned in another response,
this is probably best discussed on the XMLTV list.