[mythtv-users] Cannot select SchedulesDirect as VideoSource -EL5/atrpms

Shawn Flynn sflynn1 at rogers.com
Mon Sep 17 20:30:50 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am attempting to add a new slave backend to my current setup, but have run
into an issue trying to select the correct video source in mythtv-setup.

First the obligatory system configuration info.
Master Backend: Centos5 2.6.18-8.1.10, Myth 0.20.2-fixes from atrpms, no
tuners
Slave Backend 1: Centos5 2.6.18-8.1.8, Myth 0.20.2-fixes from atrpms, 1x
PVR-150
Slave Backend 2: Centos5 2.6.18-8, Myth 0.20.2-fixes from atrpms, 1x PVR-250

All systems have had a 'yum upgrade' as of yesterday evening. The
differences in kernel versions are to deal with ivtv kmdl's not being
available yet for 2.6.18-8.1.10.

The master backend (MBE) and Slave backend 1 (SBE1) have been up and working
in their current configuration for months. On the weekend I decided to add
the second slave backend (SBE2) into the mix so I could grab some
conflicting shows during the fall preview season. Everything appeared to go
fine during the setup, until I hit the point in mythtv-setup where you
select the 'Input Connections.' I can see the 'Analog Cable' video source
that I defined previously for SBE1 (and am currently using there), but if I
try to attach it to SBE2's 'Tuner 1,' I get an error when exiting setup that
states 'Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.'
Upon going back into mythtv-setup, if I look at the 'Video Sources'
definition for 'Analog Cable' I see my 'Data Direct Lineup' listed as
'0005370:-' rather than the correct name. Pressing the 'Retrieve Lineups'
button will fill in the correct data for 'Data Direct Lineup," but pressing
'Finish' to save and exit the screen does not seem to save the
configuration. Going back in to 'Analog Cable' video source setup will show
the bogus information again.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Any suggestions where to go
from here?

Thanks,
Shawn Flynn

P.S. Apologies for the previous HTML email. My send button got ahead of my
proofreading/formatting.