[mythtv-users] my experience "upgrading" from KnoppMyth to mythDora

Skip Patterson hunchbehr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:57:24 UTC 2007

On 9/17/07, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> > back.
> > >
> > > The screen saver is turned off if you are actually watching something.
> > > find it a plus not to have the menus always visible.
> >
> > Actually that is not true.  The screen saver kicked in during playback
> > of recordings and during video playing.
>

> That's odd, because I'm running two Mythdora 4.0 machines ATM and neither
> of them even have screen savers installed.

Very strange indeed, I've been running mythdora and upgrading for the last
couple years as new versions came out , new hardware for me and never had
any issues.   No screensaver has ever kicked in for me either.  Could a
copied xorg.conf from the web do that?

Also, not to knock another distro but I originally used knoppmyth and had
many troubles to the point it didn't work and found mythdora 1 at the time
and it worked right away but that could be due to hardware and such.