[mythtv-users] Advice Requested re LCD TV's

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Mon Sep 17 18:43:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 06:29:18PM +0000, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a 32 to 37 inch high definition (1920 x 1200) LCD TV,
>   (brand plus model) available in North America which can, in effect,
> deal with 2 different coax inputs easily. That is, go seamlessly from
> cable to OTA tuning. If that means selecting a different Input Source,
> that is alright, so long as it is not a 4 to 6 step procedure.

Monitors may do that resolution, but TVs are generally
1920x1080.

> For bonus points, can anyone suggest a TV that *also* has ethernet or
> serial control capabilities? The LG 37LB5D has a serial input which
> meets this test, but I do not know if it can handle the inputs as required.

I think that there are some JVC and Mitsubishi TVs which can be
controlled and even fed video through FireWire connections. For
example,
http://displayblog.wordpress.com/2006/12/20/mitsubishi-wd-73831-73-1080p-dlp-tv/

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.