[mythtv-users] Build problem with latest svn trunk

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:49:13 UTC 2007

On 9/17/07, Alexander Böhm <babyfly at gmx.net> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>  after upgrading my one year old Gentoo installation, i get the following
> error when i try to build mythtv:

<snip>

>  ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.20.so: undefined reference to
> `MHSetLogging(_IO_FILE*, unsigned int)'
>  ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.20.so: undefined reference to
> `MHCreateEngine(MHContext*)'
>  collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

The MHSetLogging() and MHCreateEngine() functions live inside
libmythfreemheg.  It looks like when linking libmythtv-0.20.so, those
functions can't be found (and therefore libmythfreemheg.*.so can't be
found).

Do a search on your system for libmythfreemheg.*.so and see if you can
find it.  Also, check ldconfig's database (ldconfig -p |grep
libmythfreemheg) as well.

If you can find copies of libmythfreemheg sitting around, back them up
and then delete the originals.  If ld is finding multiple copies of
the same library it might be linking the wrong one.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com