[mythtv-users] dct2000serial script too slow

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Sep 17 17:02:32 UTC 2007

On Sep 17, 2007, at 5:39 AM, Mark J. Small wrote:

> On September 15, 2007, David Brodbeck wrote:
>> Never mind.  I found dct-channel.tar.bz2.  That works *much* better.

> Even though things seem to be working better for you, I thought a
> little extra
> info might be helpful:
>
> (1) DCT2000's are frustrating beasts.  If you send the keypresses
> too fast, it
> doesn't get all of them. If you send them too slowly, it times out
> between
> keypresses.  It gets to be a matter of finding the "just right"
> delay between
> keypresses.  Hopefully the script that you found will do that.

It seems to be a lot more sophisticated than the dct2000serial Python
script -- it actually verifies the current channel number, makes the
change if necessary, then verifies that the change worked.  It's only
been in place for a couple of days at this point, but it's been quite
reliable.  It's also written in C instead of Python, which may
explain the hugely improved speed.