[mythtv-users] I'm an HD Idiot.. Help me out

Charles H. Chapman ccmail at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 17 03:31:09 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Mitch Gore" <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

 > yes your myth box will act as the HD box.  You install tuners
 > then output the video via S-Video/Composite/component/HDMI/DVI.

This answer is -very- misleading.  Yes, you can use your Myth box as an
HD box but only in -very- limited circumstances.  You will be only be
able to receive HD from your local TV stations or possibly a few
unencrypted channels on your cable system (probably just the local
stations and maybe a handful of others).  You will -not- be able to
receive any HD programming from DirecTV or Dish.  You'll need a regular
cable (or satellite) box to supplement the Myth box.

Chuck