[mythtv-users] Switching to SD - Gentoo Wiki?

Anthony Floyd anthonyfloyd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 22:49:52 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

>    Googling around I found this Wiki. Nice, clear and concise. Thanks
> in advance to anyone who helped put it together.

Which wiki? :)

[snip]

>    All 5 of my machines are up to date WRT emerge -DuN world so I
> think I'm ready to go but just want to be careful before I pull the
> trigger.

If that's the case, it'll be pretty painless.  Just make sure that the
"automatically run mythfilldatabase" is checked after upgrading
(either by default or by my own incompetence this was off after I
upgraded).

>    Also, can a 20.1 frontend work with a 20.2 backend? If so it will
> make my transition much more pleasant.

Well, my 20.1 Knoppmyth FE works fine w/ my Gentoo 20.2 FE, but it
seems that commerical skipping on the FE is borked.

Good luck!