[mythtv-users] Is SD data as current as it used to be?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 16 21:56:52 UTC 2007

On 09/16/2007 05:35 PM, Brian Foddy wrote:
> On Sunday 16 September 2007, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 09/16/2007 02:56 PM, Brian Foddy wrote:
>>
>>> I'm starting to notice or believe the SD data may not be
>>> as current as it used to be.  For instance, the
>>> Sunday NFL football games don't show the team
>>> match ups anymore, just a generic description.  Shows like
>>> 60 Minutes and Dateline don't have the story summaries
>>> they used to.  Even the recent presidential address,
>>> scheduled several days before, never showed up.
>>>
>>> For awhile I wondered if this was just rerun season
>>> behavior, but it seems more than that.
>>>
>>> As I remember, it used to fetch data for the 14th day
>>> and the next/current day on each mythfilldatabase run.
>>> Is it still doing this?
>>>
>> As a starting point, if there's a more current build of mythtv available
>> from your packager, upgrade.  There was a small typo which could have an
>> effect on the "tomorrow" update in 0.20.2 and 0.20-fixes (and Myth has
>> never pulled "today" updates).  The issue was fixed a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>> BTW, my data looks good to me, so it's not likely TMS/SD.
> Ok, I can try that.  I'm using to 0.20.2 standard build that was released
> for SD support last month.  Is the update you mention in the 'fixes' tree?

Yes.  If you're not using a packaged version of Myth (i.e. from ATrpms
or Ubuntu's repos or Gentoo's whatever) you'll need to check out
0.20-fixes from SVN.  Directions are at http://svn.mythtv.org/ and it's
the directions for "the stable 0.20 branch."

However, packages are the preferred approach since packagers should be
(and most of them--if not all of them--are) building from the 0.20-fixes
branch, so everything is taken care of for you by someone who actively
tracks issues like this.  :)

Mike