[mythtv-users] Where does the remote lag come from?

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 20:24:10 UTC 2007

Rick wrote:
> Mike,
>
> That was a good idea to try the keyboard.  It definitely had much better
> response.  I also see where pushing a button on the remote doesn't seem
> to generate an action, however, when I run 'ircat mythtv', it is
> responding that way.
>
> Hmmm... not sure if this is relevant, but I guess the more information
> the better.  I have two PVR 150's.  I often wondered if the two cards
> were interfering with each other with respect to responding to the IR
> signals.  Obviously I only have one IR receiver plugged into the card.
>

> IVTV version:  ivtv-0.10.5
>
> Sample lircrc lines:
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = FFW
> repeat = 3
> config = PgDown
> end
>
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = REW
> repeat = 3
> config = PgUp
> end

I doubt their interfering with each other. I have some remote lag in the
program guide and I'm using a homebrew serial receiver. Using the
keyboard in the program guide results in much higher responsivity. The
remote in the program guide functions for me much like yours does in the
recording listings. After pressing down a few times, it might decide to
go down three spaces a few seconds later.

I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't have something to do with slow
response from mysql. I'm using mysql5 whereas I guess the recommended
version is 4 (or used to be). Haven't got around to testing that theory
yet though.

Raphael