[mythtv-users] All my unencrypted HD channels are in the 700s. Can Myth tune that high?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:02:30 UTC 2007

I have Charter cable tv. I just picked up a QAM capable TV, but it doesn't
tune past channel 114.5. All my HD channels like ESPNHD, ABCHD, etc, are up
around channel 700. I am assuming that these are unencrypted since they are
non premium channels - Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, since my TV doesn't tune that high, I was wondering if I could get
to these channels via Myth and an HD card, like the pcHDTV HD-5500. My tv
has a VGA input so I was thinking (hoping) that the signal from HD to MythTV
to TV would be high quality enough. Is there a limit to how high Myth will
tune an HD card, or is it a limit of the card? Is anybody using Unencrypted
HD on Charter? I'm in Massachusetts and my TV is a Vivitek 46D1. Thanks.