[mythtv-users] Missing guide data for HGTVC

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 16 12:23:50 UTC 2007

On 09/15/2007 10:30 PM, Mike Alborn wrote:
> My program guide is not showing any data for HGTVC (xmltv id 17638)

Wait for it...

> I have run mythfilldatabase by hand, and did notice any errors. I have
> even destroyed and re-created my channel source, but it didn't fix the
> problem.

Oh.  Now I can't say it.  :)

> Using Mythweb, I have verified that the channel settings are using the
> correct xmltv ID, but the guide shows "NO DATA" for this channel.
>
> I don't know if this is a problem at my end, or with the guide data
> supplied by TMS (This problem started before TMS dropped their free
> service, and persists after the change to SD). However, I want to rule
> out my setup before I report a problem to SD. I've done some looking
> on the web, but have been unable to find anyone else with the same
> problem.
>
> Any suggestions on what else I could look at?

I recommend looking at the DD-format "raw" data.  You can download it
using tv_grab_na_dd from XMLTV 0.5.48.  If there's data there for that
channel, it's your setup (and let us know and we'll help you fix it).
If there's no data there, it's TMS.

If you need help figuring out how the DD data works, let me know.
Basically, it identifies channels in one section and then programs in
another, so you'll have to "link" up the programs with the channel to
see if there are any listings for that channel.

Mike