[mythtv-users] How to get mythfrontend to report the xorg framerate info?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 16 10:18:07 UTC 2007

Kevin Hayes wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:07:54 -0400
> William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>> I would like to see what the frontend thinks my display settings are. I
>> know there is a verbosity setting that will return the info but cannot
>> seem to get things to work. I am running into a problem with video
>> smoothness and think there may be a difference between the xorg settings
>> and the tv video standard.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Bill

> Have you looked at /var/log/Xorg.0.log ? ...

Of course. What I want to know is what myth thinks my settings are. I
know it calculates the frame rate and then uses that info to determine
how to display the tv picture. My video source is 29.97 but I doubt my
monitor is correctly set to that value as I had to create the modeline
on my own and even by my math its off a bit. It would be real helpful to
be able to make a change to the dot clock frequency and see that change
in the frame rate myth calculates. This will let me precisely set the
video out to be exactly on for NTSC video display.