[mythtv-users] Celeron D 2.8Ghz vs Semptron 3000+

Matthew Hager blaupolisboxen at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 06:39:10 UTC 2007

Right now at the price point I'm after, you can pick up a 2.8Ghz Celeron D
336 for about $38.00 (give or take).  For about the same price you can pick
up an AMD Semptron 3000+ cpu.

The system I'm intending to drive is an AGP based HD-capable frontend.  The
semptron runs at 1.6GHz, raw clock.  For the price, would going for the
greater number of clock cycles do more good than the "more efficient"
clocks that the AMD line is known for when compared to an Intel variant?

At first glance, it seems obvious to go with the Celeron?

---
Matthew Hager