[mythtv-users] Upgrade to F7/0.20.2 broke GANT/mythtvsetup (fonts?)

Allen J. Newton anewton at alturia.fleet.org
Sun Sep 16 04:31:05 UTC 2007

Hello,

I had mythtv-0.20.1 running fine on my system with Fedora Core 5 and an nVidia
7300 card (Athlon XP 2200+).  I decided to upgrade to Fedora 7 to get
mythtv-0.20.2 for the transition to SchedulesDirect.  I did this all last
Sunday evening.

Over the week, I've been fixing things that aren't quite right, and have
managed to fix everything I'm aware of, except one thing:

I noticed right after the upgrade that running mythfrontend with the GANT
theme (which I had always previously used) no longer showed a menu on the
first (or subsequent) pages -- only the background image.  Same goes for
mythtvsetup.

I note from another machine still running FC5/mythtv-0.20.1 frontend that the
fonts are outline fonts.

Am I missing some fonts on my new F7 system?

In addition, the OSD is not working on the frontend on the new F7 system,
using ANY theme.

I have been googling this topic all day looking for F7 mythtv font issues,
issues with GANT theme, upgrade 0.20.2 issues, etc, and have hit the end of
the road.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution to it?  Please share!

Thank you very much.

--
Allen J. Newton  (anewton at alturia.fleet.org)