[mythtv-users] Understanding HD Antennas ( was HDHomeRun and jumpy video)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 16 03:56:43 UTC 2007

Kevin Hulse wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 11:00:05AM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>> Kevin Hulse wrote:
>>
>>>      What makes you think the yuppie neighbors would agree with my idea of "reasonable"?
>> In at least one case "reasonable" was defined as less than one meter
>> across and mounted 12 feet or less above the highest point of the structure.
>
> 	That restriction pretty much rules out any decent suburban HD antenna.
>
> 	There's one model that kind of looks like mini-sat dish but that one's
> 	not powerful enough for my requirements.

I believe the case I referred had to do with satellite antennas, not
terrestrial TV broadcast antennas.

Most often something can be worked out, unless you have one of those
situations where a "back door deal" has been made to try and enrich the
local cable company :-)

You could always try hiring a local artist to make the antenna "beautiful".

beww