[mythtv-users] I keep getting disabled from the list

Jay Mallar lists at jaymallar.com
Sat Sep 15 20:22:48 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> David Engel wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 04:03:14PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Don't they have some way to whitelist a site?
>>>
>> As David Shay said, no they don't.  If you argue with them long
>> enough, they will unblock a site.  However, their spam detector
>> appears to run on a two week cycle and if nothing changes, the site
>> will get block again and you have to start all over.
>>
>> David
>>

> Seems like the best answer is to go elsewhere for a mail server.
>
> Plenty of vendors willing to do it for you, cheaply, and you can control
> all functions.
>
> Apparently others have had problems with those guys, see:
>
> http://nodaddy.com/
>
> The only personal experience I have had is problems reaching a couple of
> companies using them, my email was rejected as "spam", even though it
> was one-time, text-only and otherwise not spammy AFAIK.
>
> beww

I send a request for help to GoDaddy to see what would happen:

*Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Online Support. If an IP address gets blocked
from our system, there is a good chance that the ISP's mail server was
used in a SPAM attack that affected our mail servers. Therefore, we must
investigate each situation individually to determine if the IP address
can be unblocked from our system. If we are able to unblock it, there is
no guarantee they will remain unblocked, because of our automated SPAM
detection processes. If the SPAM attack that came from the ISP's mail
server was an isolated case and is no longer involved in spamming, then
you should be able to send email through it to our mail servers without
incident once we remove the IP address(es) from our blacklist.

In order to fully investigate the matter, we will need some additional
information. Please respond with the full bounceback message that the
sender is receiving (including full headers) for review.
*

--
-Jay