[mythtv-users] Multiple commercial flagging tasks causing Mythbackend to die

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 15 18:38:35 UTC 2007

On 09/15/2007 02:24 PM, Steve Skarda wrote:
> I think I was looking at the wrong problem here.   The 7-8 jobs I saw
> was probably due to the fact that the backend kept crashing and
> restarting.

That's quite likely.

>    Later, I had the backend die with no commercial flagging jobs
> running & low cpu.   This is a tough one to troubleshoot.

Hardware?  With one exception (that doesn't apply today), the only time
I've had issues with Myth's crashing was due to hardware issues
(specifically overheating due to failing fans--chipset fan and CPU fan
both have failed in my Myth box--and power issues (from overloading the
power supply)).

Mike