[mythtv-users] Need help tweaking settings for analog TV display

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 15 17:13:02 UTC 2007

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#All_my_fonts_look_like_they_are_the_wrong_sizes.2C_how_can_I_correct_this.3F
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Display_Size
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Specifying_DPI_for_NVIDIA_Cards

> 2) The color is saturated.  Red is bleeding all over.  I tried
> accessing the playback/live TV picture adjustments with the "F" key,
> but it doesn't seem to be functional.

Only works with GF5x00 and below.

>   The "G" key gets me recording picture adjustments, but as expected,
> they don't affect the live TV display.

LiveTV is a recording, so they will affect that.  It's a per-channel
adjustment, though.

>   I tried to find a keybinding in the Edit Keys setup screens, but
> nothing seemed to match the function I'm looking for and scanning
> didn't come across anything bound to the "F" key, either.
>
> Seeing as this is a Frontend only system, there's no mythbackend to
> restart.  Do I need to restart something else, or get out of
> mythwelcome as well as mythfrontend to get setting changes to take effect?

For the color issues, find out if it's an issue with the capture card by
playing back a recording (preferrably one with the default recording
picture control settings) on another system.  If it works, reset all
your recording picture controls (you can use MythWeb's channel editor to
"sync" them all up at once).

If it's not the capture, it could be anything from your video card to
the video card drivers or configuration to the S-Video cable.

Mike