[mythtv-users] Understanding HD Antennas ( was HDHomeRun and jumpy video)

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Sep 15 16:54:31 UTC 2007

Kevin Hulse napsal(a):
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 09:33:05AM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> Kevin Hulse napsal(a):
>>
>>> 	Say I live in one of those prissy suburban subdivisions with
>>> an HOA. Can I mount my antenna lower? Mebbe use a longer range antenna
>>> than I would if it were on the roof?
>>>

>> In the US, your HOA *CANNOT* control, limit, or even regulate in any way
>> OTA antennas.  Per federal law, beaten to death on this list every so often.
>>
>> You can put up a reasonable antenna for personal use and you don't have
>> to ask permission - or even file a notice with them.
>>

>      What makes you think I can get away with something "reasonable"?

Reasonable being not endangering life or safety.

>      What makes you think the yuppie neighbors would agree with my idea of "reasonable"?

It's defined in the law.

>      Intentionally pissing off all the neighbors might be something I can manage to do
>      under the color of law. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bright thing to do
>      or something that someone with an actual law license would recommend.

Why the hostility?  Dude, I just pointed out the law.

>      The great beauty of technology is the fact that I can use it to route around annoying people.
>
> [deletia]
>
>      Yeah, "Piss off all your neighbors because the law allows" you is great advice.

It's not advice.  It's a fact. Take it or leave it.  Take a chill pill,
buddy.

--Yan

--
  o__

Linux stuff has made big progress over the competition. When things sit and don't start right away, we have a watch, and those poor guys have to settle for an hourglass.