[mythtv-users] help upgraded to schedules direct and ivtv disappeared (ubuntu)

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:24:10 UTC 2007

I just got back from a five week business trip and wanted to upgrade to
schedules direct.  When I logged in my Ubuntu backend told me there were
updates so I let it install them.  Once everything was done schedules direct
was working fine.  But now ivtv doesn't load any drivers for my pvr-500.
"dmesg | grep ivtv" returns absolutely nothing.  So ivtv is not even trying
to load.  Does anybody know how to fix this?  I have to leave on another
business trip Sunday.