[mythtv-users] question about HD HomeRun

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Fri Sep 14 20:15:35 UTC 2007

How does the HD HomeRun work? I couldn't figure it out from their
website. My understanding is that it is essentially a coax-to-UDP
adapter for OTA HDTV.

Is it constantly just spewing traffic over the network, "broadcasting"
to anyone who will listen, or will it only "broadcast" if something
tells it to start sending stuff?

Is this over multicast or unicast? If two clients connect to the HDHR
for the same thing, is that twice the traffic?

Or is there a better document I can read somewhere?

Thanks,
--Rob