[mythtv-users] mytharchive and 6-channel audio

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:37:46 UTC 2007

Problem is, the number of mappings has to match the number of output
streams. Ffmpeg will add one audio stream by default and -newaudio will add
a second + the video makes three so there has to be three mappings.

I think I may have figured it out. It seems ffmpeg is wanting to re-encode
the new audio stream. A fix for this is to add "-acodec copy" right before
"-newaudio". In mythburn.py this would be:

    #add second audio track if required
    if audio2[AUDIO_ID] != -1:
        command += " -acodec copy -newaudio"

Does this look right?