[mythtv-users] Mythsetup error

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Fri Sep 14 14:33:28 UTC 2007

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> For some time I have had this message when I leave Mythsetup:
>
> Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
>
> I pick the "No, I know what I'm doing" button and carry on OK but how can
> solve this for good?

When adding, removing, or changing capture cards in mythtv-setup always
choose the 'Delete all capture cards' option (not the delete all from
this host), otherwise the database ends up with trash left laying around.

Don't ask me why, I just know I've seen it reported on here enough times
to know the answer. So stop your backend, run mythtv-setup, remove all
capture cards using the 'Delete all capture cards' option, then add them
back and setup your line-ups, inputs, etc. Shouldn't get the error
message after that.

Mike