[mythtv-users] Does it matter which Hauppauge tv-card i buy???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Sep 14 13:55:45 UTC 2007

Ben Bullard wrote:
> Looking at Newegg.com I see WinTV-PVR-150 model #1045 WinTV-PVR-150-MCE
> model # 1042 and WinTV-PVR-500 model # 1081. I have Comcast cable and
> internet in Colorado. Will any of these work with Comcast cable and
> internet and is one better than another? I'll initially be doing this in
> Ubuntu Feisty and later Gentoo and Debian maybe. Here's what Newegg has
> right now:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=47&name=Video-Devices

Hi Neighbor (I'm in Cheyenne).

They will all work for you. The 150- MCE comes with a Windows MCE-type
remote while the standard 150 comes with the Hauppauge remote, so it
really depends on what you want to do with remote controls.

I've also seen "White Box" OEM packages with no remote, god sor you
second or third capture card or if you are using some other (or no)
remote arrangement.

The 500 is a dual tuner unit, good if you are tight for PCI slots.

beww