[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:41:53 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Daniel Westendorf <dwestendorf at scottusa.com> wrote:
> Hey guys-
>
> I was wondering if anyone has been using Mythbuntu and how it works for
> them? I started out with Ubuntu with the Mythtv packages, which I liked
> but decided it was a little too much configuration when all was said and
> done. I'm currently running Mythdora, but I'm not a huge fan of it
> either, mostly because I don't like FC. I'm wanting to give Mythbuntu a
> try. Anyone know how well it works? Thanks.
>
> -Daniel

I'd encourage giving mythbuntu a try. It didn't get me very far due to
some quirky hardware and installation problems, but as already
mentioned it's an alpha build. However it's got a lot going for it, so
as long as your install doesn't throw up any bugs, it should work
really really well.

If it doesn't, I'd recommend having another go at Ubuntu if you
haven't tried out Feisty Fawn for MythTV. I set up a new backend
system with it and it went smoothly enough to get me worried, thinking
I'd missed something. There's also great documentation available at:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV

Hope that helps

Mike