[mythtv-users] Kernel rollback problem

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:33:46 UTC 2007

I am running FC6 and keep at least one previous kernel around whenever I
upgrade, but never had need of it until now.  I want to revert from a
2.6.22(IIRC --  not able to check right now) kernel to a
2.6.20 kernel to regain ACPI alarm wakeup functionality while the kernel
devs are investigating how it got broken by their improvements.

Now I find I need more knowledge to revert to the older one successfully.

I tried a manual override from the grub startup screen and it started to
boot, but it froze when it got to starting the X font server (xfs), not to
be confused with anything to do with the xfs file system.

What do I do?  How do I figure out what to do for the next complication
(there's always room for one more ;-)

Craig.