[mythtv-users] xorg-server 1.3.0.0 reporting Xinerama enabled?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:56:58 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> There's a bug when using Xinerama with only one monitor.  Isaac has a
> patch that will be committed soon.
>
> Mike

Good to hear.  Thanks for the reply.  Someone on the Gentoo forum
pointed me to this:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Aspect_ratio

Which says "With Xorg 7.2, MythTV detects Xinerama as being active at
all times and so will ignore the display sizes when calculating the
aspect ratio for displaying video" and suggests the SQL to set the
aspect ratio.

That's definately what I'm seeing,  However I've had xorg-x11 7.2 for
some time.  It seems that what they're describing only started when I
upgraded xorg-server to 1.3.  In any case, I've got everything
working.

Tom