[mythtv-users] DirecTV HD and MythTV?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Sep 14 00:59:20 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2007, at 5:47 PM, Jon wrote:
>
>> So, if DirecTV doesn't work. How about Dish? I'm actually Interested
>> in getting HD soon also, and I live in the land of no cable lines, so
>> it's the Dish, DirecTV(my current system) or OverTheAir (fortunately
>> I am in a GOOD location for regular airwaves, on the top of a hill,
>> but that limits the channels available, as I'm still far from
>> Sacramento, and there's not a lot of local broadcast stations)
>
> Same deal with Dish. They aren't offering anything they aren't
> required to offer. They want you to buy their PVR, not a regular
> Tivo. I doubt they know what MythTV is.

They do.

Their uplink site is about 5 miles east of me here, and I have discussed
the matter with some folks out there.

What they told me is that even their engineering people can't get any
device that will output a clean MPEG stream.

They don't like it any more than we do, but that life in the corporate
world I guess.

beww