[mythtv-users] MythVideo menu not working after edit?

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 23:28:15 UTC 2007

I recently converted to MythDora 4 after an attempt to upgrade to SVN
rendered my box unusable. I'm very happy with the result, except as usual I
hate the menu layout.

So I did what I always do, which is go in and rewrite the menu xml files to
my liking. I immediately found that the situation was more complex in
MythDora than a standard install. Some menus were in /home/mythtv/.mythtv
and some were in /usr/share/mythtv, and yet others in the custom menu setup
option folders in /usr/share/mythtv (DVR. classic).

I have everything working fine, but somewhere in the process I did something
that has rendered my mythvideo menu nonfunctional. The menu appears, but
clicking on any of the menu options produces nothing.

Of course, I was an idiot and accidentally deleted the backups.

Here is my current videomenu.xml file. I have put it in every possible
location but nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<mythmenu name="VIDEO">

   <button>
     <type>VIDEO_GALLERY</type>
     <text>Video Gallery</text>
     <text lang="FR">Gallerie vidÃ(c)o</text>
     <text lang="DE">Galerie</text>
     <text lang="SI">Galerija filmov</text>
     <text lang="FI">Videogalleria</text>
     <text lang="DK">Film Galleri</text>
     <text lang="SV">Filmgalleri</text>
     <text lang="PT">Galeria de Filmes</text>
     <text lang="ES">Galería</text>
     <text lang="ET">Filmide galerii</text>
     <text lang="RU">ÐалеÑÐµÑ Ñ
   </button>

   <button>
     <type>VIDEO_MANAGER</type>
     <text>Video Manager</text>
     <text lang="ES">Gestionar Videos</text>
     <text lang="CA">Gestionar vídeos</text>
     <text lang="DK">Film opsætning</text>
     <text lang="DE">Video-Manager</text>
     <text lang="PT">Gestor de Filmes</text>
     <text lang="SV">Filmhanterare</text>
     <text lang="FR">Gestionnaire de vidÃ(c)os</text>
     <text lang="NL">Video'ã¼ã¸ã£ã¼</text>>
     <text lang="JA">ãããªãã
     <text lang="SI">Upravitelj filmov</text>
     <text lang="FI">Videohallinta</text>
     <text lang="ET">Filmihaldus</text>
     <text lang="RU">ÐÐµÐ½ÐµÐ´Ð¶ÐµÑ Ñ
   </button>