[mythtv-users] xorg-server 1.3.0.0 reporting Xinerama enabled?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:52:23 UTC 2007

Wow...this one had me going.  I've upgraded to xorg-server-1.3.0.0 on
my Gentoo frontend and I saw that my aspect ratio playing recordings
in MythTV was wrong.  I found this thread:

...which implied that it had to do with Xinerama, which I've never
used.  However, the two new Xinerama settings (which I had never seen
before) had appeared in MythTV, including the Xinerama screen (which
was set to 0 with options for 0 or All) and the aspect ratio (which
was still at the default of 4:3) which I had to change to 16:9.  That
corrected the aspect ratio.  Obviously MythTV never thought I had
Xinerama enabled before.  I do have the following in my Xorg.0.log:

(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA

...which i *think* is the build-in nVidia extension.  I always get
that, even with xorg-server 1.2, and as far as I can see it loads
regardless of any Option "Xinerama" setting in xorg.conf.  Other than
that build in extension, there's no trace of xinerama on my system.

I guess xorg 1.3 changed the way in which it reports this to MythTV?

Strange one.

Tom