[mythtv-users] Early exit

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 10:04:32 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>> R. G. Newbury wrote:

>>> Is the time set correctly on the computer? If it is 1 minute fast you
>>> will get what you see.
>>>
>>> Have you inadvertently set a default recording rule which finishes
>>> early? The settings in Setup-> General will not let you do that, only
>>> finish late, but without looking ISTR that you can set individual time
>>> frames in the Record Options..
>>>
>>> Geoff
>>>

>> That was my first thought for the recordings, but it wouldn't explain
>> why watching live TV crashes out just before the end of a program would it?
>>
>> I'll try and get some frontend and backend output the next time it
>> happens? What's the best way of doing that by the way? Running the
>> frontend from the command line and putting the backend log into gedit as
>> soon as there's a problem?
>

> run mythbackend -v channel,record,database -l /var/log/backend.log from
> one console and the same sort of command for mythfrontend from another.
>
> It is especially useful under this circumstance to set myth to run in a
> window (Setup->General or Appearance IIRC)..then you can move the window
> over and watch the log.
>
> Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

That's a whole new world of command to me, but ok .. I'll give it a go :-)

so I run Myth in a window,
run
mythbackend -v channel,record,database -l /var/log/backend.log
in one terminal and
mythfrontend -v channel,record,database -l /var/log/frontend.log
in a second?

Again, please excuse my ignorance. These commands are all very straight
forward once you know them, but until then ...

Cheers
Damian