[mythtv-users] Simple On-the-fly record issues

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Sep 12 20:19:16 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 14:21:05 mistersulu wrote:

> My question:
> Is there a simple way to record the current channel on the current tuner
> for exactly a period of time (one or two hours etc) irregardless of my
> start time?

The only way I know of to do this is to use a manually-scheduled recording.
This lets you schedule a recording for, say, 1:35 PM to 2:40 PM to record
1:05 of input. This is easiest to handle on 5-minute boundaries, but if
that's not convenient you can always tell MythTV to begin recording at a time
prior to the current time (say, 1:30 PM if it's currently 1:33 PM). It'll
then begin recording as soon as you finish scheduling. Just be sure to pad
the end time appropriately, if necessary. This is still rather awkward, but
it does work.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com